A.L.E.R.T. International is dedicated to the encouragement and correlation of research and development as well as the sharing of information, ideas and innovations in the area of emergency vehicle response operation. Additionally, A.L.E.R.T.’s mission is to provide assistance to states in establishing effective and defensible standards for employment and training of law enforcement officers in the field of emergency vehicle operations. Another aspect of the mission is the promotion of a positive, professional image of emergency response trainers.
The membership of A.L.E.R.T values the following activities in a professional association:
- Support research and development on matters of mutual concern.
- Sponsoring conferences and other professional activities.
- Establish a common language and glossary.
- Suggest and promote valid and defensible standards.
- Collecting and sharing data.
- Act as a forum for the presentation of professional papers regarding the training of law enforcement personnel in the use of emergency vehicles.
- Support the development of technology in law enforcement standards and training.
- Offer leadership in the field of Law Enforcement Emergency Vehicle Response Training.
- Support efforts to upgrade law enforcement Emergency Vehicle Response Training through validated standards and training.
The objectives of this Association are:
- To organize into one body, subject matter specialists in the field of law enforcement emergency vehicle response training.
- To support a high standard of ethics, integrity and credibility.
- To promote traffic safety and collision avoidance.
- To exchange ideas, plans and methods between association members and other persons or organizations.
- To establish high standards and professionalism in the instructional presentation of law enforcement driving programs.
- To promote a spirit of camaraderie among its members.